Bangkok Day 2
WOW! Is it hot! Until you are actually here you cannot comprehend the heat. It is about 35 degrees and I would say about 95% humidity!! Today we took an early morning tour to the Grand Palace which is beautiful. I will post pictures once Aislyn shows up and helps me but suffice it to say everything is so ornate and opulent. We actually were back at the hotel by 10:30am and Brian and I were both soaking wet! We just can't seem to drink enough water. We had a lovely day yesterday - rented a cab for 50Baht an hour which is about $1.50 and he took us to the Golden Buddha, the Sleeping Buddha, a very expensive Gem Store where of course they get their cut and then out to lunch to a Thai restaurant by the night market. We will have stories to tell about day one - you have to be so wary all the time. Our lunch cost us about $50.00 including the cab driver's lunch but in comparison to the cost of the cab I think they saw us coming. Will learn the ropes as we go I am sure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home