Sunday, June 3, 2007

JUNE 3 - PRE-DEPARTURE DAY


Just a day and a half until we leave on what is probably our most exciting adventure yet - Southeast Asia! Neither one of us has ever been here and considering all our travelling in the past, I am very nervous. Excited as well since we will visit our daughter whom we haven't seen for over 2 months. I think everything is organized at home and packing is just about finished. We will have a nice dinner tonight with my mom and sister to wish them goodbye. We love travelling but we always miss our family and friends. We will make sure to have our Friday night drink in honour of our PUB friends. We will miss our Westhighland Terrier - LOGAN - very much, but he is in good hands with our friends Lori & Len. I hope to hear from everyone as often as possible as that is one of the nice things about vacation - staying in touch!

6 Comments:

At June 6, 2007 at 9:29 AM , Blogger t2dtalker said...

How's that jet lag? Hope the flight went well. May all your S.E.Asian movements thru town and country be afebrile.

gbt

 
At June 7, 2007 at 6:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Barbara & Brian
I just read to Mom your first June03 posting - we hope you had a wonderful trip via Toyko to your
first stop in Bangkok - looking forward to reading all your "adventures" - I am sure Logan is happy and well ---
Send us some postcards along the way ....
Love from Mom & Patsy

 
At June 8, 2007 at 7:13 AM , Blogger t2dtalker said...

I'd like to request a photo/short vid of Brian lying on a bed on his back, with a slowing turn fan overhead, muttering softly, "the horror, the horror", ideally in Vietnam, but any site in the region will do.

Wish I was there!
gbt

 
At June 12, 2007 at 7:33 AM , Blogger t2dtalker said...

OK, so my last comment made little sense. How about "a slowly turning fan" instead. Sounds like KL would be a great place for me to lose weight, all that heat and humidity. We too have an exotic trip coming up - going to London for Allison's grad tomorrow. Forecast is also hot and humid. Thanks for blogs, sounds so interesting. Regards,
gbt

 
At June 18, 2007 at 9:26 AM , Blogger t2dtalker said...

Wow! You guys are amazing for your intrepid spirit and daring-do! Seriously. The walking and heat would kill me too, I start whining when the humidex is at 29! Great entries Barb, I'm learning a lot at your expense. Gotta go,
gbt

 
At June 20, 2007 at 8:23 AM , Blogger t2dtalker said...

We hope Brian gets good med attention and can get back to enjoying the sights. I've had summer p-new-moan-ya, and it ain't fun, hard to shake. I got mine in tropical SJ, NB. Perhaps a spiritual healer or local shaman could help. Take a nice pause, refresh and good luck!
gbt

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home